Saturday, September 5, 2009

DATAFOX – A Utility to Monitor BSNL Broadband Data Usage

I have BSNL Dataone broadband connection at home and my plan is 500c plan. As per my plan I get monthly 1.5GB download upload limit. BSNL provides facility to monitor the data usage (download & upload) of my account on data.bsnl.in. For this everytime i have to visit the BSNL portal webpage. I found Datafox, an addon extension in firefox to make this process simple and fast. Install the extension from the link given below and restart the browser. After restarting the browser you will see an icon in the status bar of Firefox.



Click on the icon and a login window will appear.

Follow the steps to complete the procedure

  • Select your ISP as BSNL.
  • Type the username and password which is used to monitor data usage on data.bsnl.in portal.
  • Save the password if required
  • Select "override default domain"
  • Select data.bsnl.in from list.
  • Click Login.
Now you will see your data usage in the Firefox status bar.














This utility helps to keep track of the data usage without visiting BSNL portal each time.

No comments: